NeoTunnel Anonymous Surfing with Firefox on Windows
To get started using the NeoTunnel tunneling proxy service to surf the web securely and anonymously on a Windows PC using the Mozilla Firefox browser, follow these steps:
(If you don't already have Firefox installed, you can get it from getfirefox.com. The link will open in a new window).
First, download the NeoTunnel installer by clicking the link below:
- Double click on the InstallNeoTunnel icon on the Desktop. Click "OK" and "Run" on the warning boxes that may appear.
- In the Installer window, click "Install".
- After the installation is complete, on the next screen, click "Close".
- From the Windows Start menu, select All Programs > NeoTunnel > Start NeoTunnel. You may see a warning message from Windows Firewall - click "Unblock" on this.
The NeoTunnel support software is now installed and initialized. You will need to perform this last step (Start NeoTunnel) whenever you restart your PC, so that NeoTunnel is running when you try to browse the web. If NeoTunnel is not running and you try to surf using a browser configured to use NeoTunnel, you will not be able to surf and will see an error message in the browser window.
Next, configure Firefox to use the NeoTunnel proxy.
- Select Tools -> Options from the Firefox main menu.
- In the window which appears click on the "Advanced" icon, and then on the "Network" tab, and click the "Settings" button.
- Firefox's proxy settings dialog will appear. Enable "Manual proxy configuration" as well as "Use this proxy server for all protocols". In the "HTTP Proxy" field, type in "127.0.0.1" (without the quotes), and in the "Port:" field type in "8080" (without quotes).
- If you would like to view some sites directly and not through the proxy, list them (separated by commas) in the "No proxy for:" field.
- Click the "OK" button and close the preferences window.
Now all your web requests from Firefox will go through our SSL secured proxy and the results will be returned to you via the SSL secured channel.
You will be asked to supply your Neomailbox username and control panel password when you begin browsing.