NeoTunnel Anonymous Surfing with Firefox on MacOS
To get started using the NeoTunnel tunneling proxy service to surf the web securely and anonymously on a Mac running Apple OS X using the Mozilla Firefox browser, follow these steps:
(If you don't already have Firefox installed, you can get it from getfirefox.com. The link will open in a new window).
First, download the NeoTunnel installer by clicking the link below:
- Double click on the NeoTunnel.dmg file in your downloads folder (normally, the Desktop)
- A "NeoTunnel" disk will appear on the Desktop and in Finder windows. Open this disk by selecting it in Finder or double clicking on its icon on the Desktop. NOTE: This step must be performed by a user with Administrator privileges.
- Right-click on the "Install NeoTunnel" icon and click "Open". An authorization window will appear, where you will be asked for your account password. Type in your account password and click "OK".
- Once the Installer is done, click "Quit".
- Eject the "NeoTunnel" volume by clicking on the small eject icon against the "NeoTunnel" item in a Finder window.
The NeoTunnel support software is now installed and initialized, and the secure tunnel will be automatically restarted whenever you restart your computer.
Next, configure Firefox to use the NeoTunnel proxy.
- Select Firefox -> Preferences from the Firefox main menu.
- In the window which appears click on the "Advanced" icon, and then on the "Network" tab, and click the "Settings" button.
- Firefox's proxy settings dialog will appear. Enable "Manual proxy configuration" as well as "Use this proxy server for all protocols". In the "HTTP Proxy" field, type in "127.0.0.1" (without the quotes), and in the "Port:" field type in "8080" (without quotes).
- If you would like to view some sites directly and not through the proxy, list them (separated by commas) in the "No proxy for:" field.
- Click the "OK" button and close the preferences window.
Now all your web requests from Firefox will go through our SSL secured proxy and the results will be returned to you via the SSL secured channel.
You will be asked to supply your Neomailbox username and control panel password when you begin browsing.